What is Earn Income Tax Credit ?
Income Tax Credit(EIC) is refundable credit (FREE MONEY ) from goverment (IRS) for low income individual or family even
if you don't owe any tax due. Earn Income Tax credit refund is base on your income, number of dependents and satify
the condition from IRS's rules ( Age, Relatioship, Residential ).
How much is Earn Income Tax Credit (EIC) ?
Earn Income Tax Credit : you can claim up to 3 children to get maximum EIC :
1) Without Children
: Max EIC is $457
2) With Children :
a) One Child
: Max EIC is $3043
b) Two Children : Max EIC is $5028
Three Chrildren : Max EIC is $5657
To get maximum EIC, you income (W-2) must be in the range
$14000 - $18000. If your income is not in this range, your EIC could be lower than the maximum EIC.
I qualify Earn Icome Tax Credit ( EIC) ?
To Qualify EIC, you must satisfy the rules from IRS :
1. Without Child :
- Your income must be under $13000
- You must be US citizen or Resident Alien
- You must have valid Social Ssecurity Card and live in USA more than 6 months.
2. With Children :you must satisfy 3 rules from IRS
a) Age :
- Child must be under 19 years old
- Child must be under 24 Years old if he(she)
is full time student
- Child could be any age if he(she) is disable
b) Relationship : Child must be
- your son, daughter, niece, nephew, adopt
child, brother, sister, grandchild ...
child must live with you more than 6 months of the tax year.
What 's document should I bring to file my tax return ?
- W-2 and
other income document
- Your ss card, driver licensed
children's ss card, birth certificate
- Green card if your are not US citizen
- Document (from Doctor or School) show that your chidren have live with you more than 6 months.
- Niece, nephew 's parent information ( income, relationship document) if you claim neice, nephew